Join London Creative Network
London Creative Network aims to build a community, make great connections, and help innovating for good in London and the surrounding area. Anyone who works or volunteers in London; a Startup, charity, group or individual interested in creative fields such as design, photography, film, animation, music, fashion, crafts, architecture, television or curious about tech start-ups: an individual with a great idea or someone who wishes to make a difference in society.
Our vision is of a thriving community of visual artists. Reflective of the diversity in society, they are valued as professionals.
Our mission is to help artists meet their professional ambitions in the way that works with their lives. Creative Network is a peer-support network open to anyone involved in, or interested by creative engagement in London.
Our values guide us:
- Objective: to understand and help dismantle the barriers and discrimination faced by artists from all backgrounds.
- Artist-centred: we work with, for, and through, professional artists.
- Collegiate: we work transparently with artists and arts organisations. We share our learning widely.
- Challenging: we are not afraid to share insight that upsets hierarchies or challenges the status quo.
- Flexible: in the face of multiple unknown challenges in the near future, we are open to changing our working practices, our strategies, and our minds.
Networking events for meeting collaborators, learn from others, share skills and build a supportive community! Get a sense of how this network started and our vision for making it grow. Meetings of the London Creative Network are held regularly in Hackney. We don’t charge membership fees and all services are provided free of charge.
Every event regardless of topic will be a fantastic opportunity to reach out to others in both in the technology and creatives in London, as we will include a “Community Shout Out” segment at every event where you can spread the word about your project, tool, app, or idea and connect with others who are interested in learning more about it.
Join London Creative Network is a peer support network open to anyone involved in participatory arts across London, to support each other now and build foundations for the future.
Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Find artists to work with, get feedback on your work, and advice on your career
- Get to know artists in new places when you plan to travel
- Extend your professional network
NONPROFIT STAFF: will find a friendly, welcoming atmosphere for those who aren’t experienced with technology and many chances to ask questions of tech-experienced non-profits and experts.
CONSULTANTS AND TECHNOLOGISTS: will find opportunities to put your expertise to social good, as well as the potential for lasting relationships (be they paid or volunteer) with leading organisations in Edinburgh local community.
COMMUNITY LEADERS AND ACTIVISTS: will see and be given the opportunity to present on successful uses of technology for social change. Not content to simply focus on “tech,” we’ll explore what the true potential for social change is in each case, where community organising work can be made more effective, and where it will have to push technology forward.
To keep up to date, join our email newsletter or follow Creative Network on Twitter (use #londoncreativenetwork to hear about opportunities from Creative Network and partners), Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.
Creative Network is open to any professional artist to join for free: Join us on Networkly